In the News
We win three national design awards!
This month we received three American Graphic Design Awards for recent work. The winning pieces were our CD cover design for world music group Kaia’s “Freedom Land,” an ad for Optiks in Bloom Magazine, and a VisoVerbo design.
The winners were selected from among 10,000 entries and will be featured in a variety of Graphic Design USA outlets, reaching over 100,000 creative professionals.
See the award-winning designs
Happy Anniversary to us!
September 20th was our thirteenth anniversary. Many, many thanks to all our clients, friends, and supporters who have helped make Cairril’s dream come true!
Five-point checklist for your website
Is it time to brush up your website? Here are five things to consider:
- Is it usable? This covers a lot of ground, from intuitive navigation to legible type to high-functioning search tools. Have people who aren’t familiar with your site give it a test run to see how easy it is for them to use.
- Is it responsive? Your website must adjust to different screen widths. It’s no longer adequate to design just for desktop and hope that smartphone users will make the best of it. They won’t. They’ll leave. Make your site responsive.
- Is it focused? Be absolutely clear about your focus on every page of the site. Have one message and make sure the design and copy support it.
- Is it sociable? Do you make it easy for users to share your site content? Do you have links to your Facebook and YouTube pages embedded in the site?
- Is it fast? This is especially important for mobile devices. Whereas desktop machines can load a site in five seconds, a mobile device loading the same site can take 10 seconds. That’s about eight seconds too long—visitors won’t stick around. Test your site to make sure it loads quickly on all devices.
This month’s winner: Caitlin Tiller!
Our VisoVerbo champ wins a digital print featuring this one-of-a-kind design. Have a favorite quote or saying? Send it in! If your quote is chosen, you’ll receive a digital print of your custom design suitable for framing! Check out your competition here.
What you’ve missed on Facebook
Here are some of our recent Facebook posts. “Like” us to get in on the goodness.
- 888,246 ceramic poppies surround the Tower of London to commemorate WWI
- Examining women’s “beauty” in different cultures via the wonders of Photoshop
- Lotus celebration!