In the News
We win two national design awards
We are delighted to announce that we received two American Graphic Design Awards for work created in the last year.
The awards went to the brand and website for Mahern Audio (we also designed the logo) and to the VisoVerbo Design “African Proverb” (submitted by Drema Baker).
American Graphic Design Awards have recognized excellence in design for over 40 years. Selected from over 8,000 entries, winning work represents the best of design studios and ad agencies, large and small, from across the nation. The winning work will be featured in a magazine-format design annual and on the magazine’s website in December.
Five strategies for your web redesign
When redesigning their websites, many companies think only of updating the look and feel. But a redesign is a perfect opportunity for examining your strategy.
- Focus on your customers. Yes, it’s important to look at what your competitors are doing, but you’ll hit a home run if your site resonates with customers’ interests and needs.
- Consider social media. Your online presence extends beyond your website. Consider how your presence in social media integrates with your website.
- Be clear about your business model. Is the purpose of your site to sell products directly or to generate leads or simply to build trust during the buying cycle? Know what the function of your site is so you can plan for it from day one.
- Content should drive structure. Too many web developers offer “code monkey” skills: They can code a site but they don’t bring strategic thinking to the table. Your site should be built around its content, not just given a wireframe or made to look pretty.
- Focus on your customers. (We can’t say that one enough.) Too many websites are “we”-focused: About Us, Message from the CEO, Our Methodologies, etc. Turn the focus around to what customers want and will respond to.
With a well-designed strategy driving it, a redesign can make your website a high-performing part of your marketing mix.
This month’s winner: David Kaim!
Our VisoVerbo champ wins a digital print featuring this one-of-a-kind design. Have a favorite quote or saying? Send it in! If your quote is chosen, you’ll receive a digital print of your custom design suitable for framing! Check out your competition here.
Viveda is an exciting new product that translates blood test and lab results into plain English. CEO Brian Kleber approached us to redesign the Viveda website and move it away from clinical jargon towards a more active brand.
Taking our cue from the Viveda materials, we made simplicity our watchword for the new site. We cut the home page copy down to the bare minimum and relied on amusing photos to establish a playful brand.
As site visitors click deeper into the site, they receive more information. We re-wrote all the copy to simplify it and bring it in line with the tongue-in-cheek attitude of the brand. We also created cartoons that clearly describe the superiority of the Viveda product.
Once the visitor logs in, the site becomes a usability powerhouse. Again, we cut copy to the bare minimum and focused on getting users the information and interfaces they need as quickly as possible. Working closely with the amazing Autumn Workman, we re-vamped the entire back-end of the site to get people where they wanted to go.
The result is an effective marketing tool with cutting-edge usability. Check out the new site.