In the News
Cairril featured panelist at upcoming seminar
Cairril Mills, principal of Cairril.com Design & Marketing, will speak on a panel at the Women in Business seminar on Wednesday, June 22 at the Comfort Inn in Bedford. The event is sponsored by Indiana Lieutenant-Governer Becky Skillman’s office and the Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce.
The seminar will be comprised of a morning keynote (given by Lt.-Gov. Skillman), the panel session, a luncheon keynote given by Ann Bastianelli of the Kelley School of Business, and several roundtable discussions in the afternoon.
Cairril will be speaking on website development and design and on social media strategies.
More details forthcoming! Feel free to contact us if you want to be kept in the loop.
Re-Branding: When & why?
In a recent blog post, BrandPeriscope laid out some things to think about when you’re considering a re-brand.
- Are your sales or memberships declining?
- Are you feeling left behind by your competitors?
- Are you reaching out to new markets or launching a new product?
It’s probably time to take a look at your brand, which, as loyal Sparks readers know, is a person’s gut feeling about your company. That’s created by the sum total of all the experiences they have with your company.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Respect your loyal customers: You don’t want to leave them behind
- Consider the “easy does it” approach: You may not have to change everything at once
- You may need to go more than skin deep: Your brand is more than your logo or website
What you’ve missed on Facebook
Here are some of our recent Facebook posts. “Like” us to get in on the goodness.
- Unbelievably cool business card designs
This month’s winner: Lisa Finney!
Our VisoVerbo champ wins a digital print featuring this one-of-a-kind design. Have a favorite quote or saying? Send it in! If your quote is chosen, you’ll receive a digital print of your custom design suitable for framing! Check out your competition here.
Bring back bulky mail!
Many entrepreneurs are reaching out to customers through new media, and rightly so. But that’s not to say that there’s no place for old media!
That’s right: The big, bulky direct mail piece is still alive. It makes a great marketing tool because it grabs attention and engages all the senses of your target market.
- Big mail pieces face little competition. Especially with rising postal rates, many marketers are looking to reduce the size of their piece.
- You get more room to make your point. Whether you want to stun your market with a gorgeous photo or wow them with clever copy, big mail pieces give you that extra real estate.
- Your recipients are more likely to focus on you. People give direct mail pieces more consideration than they do to email subject lines.
- Going large shows that you’re innovative. Large, bullky mail pieces come across as novel these days.
Direct mail is sometimes seen by marketers as outdated and too expensive, but it hasn’t gone away. Why? Because it still works! Direct mail, when done with an eye to flair, complements and can even out-perform online marketing.
Source: Direct Creative Blog