In the News
Why your business can’t live without good design
Longtime readers of Sparks know that your brand is how others feel about your organization. It’s an emotion. And it’s created by every customer touchpoint.
A key customer touchpoint is your visual identity. This includes logo, letterhead, business cards, brochures, marketing sheets, signage, etc. These materials are vital to creating a viable brand. Skimp on them and your business will suffer.
- Recognition Sure, you’ve got a logo, but so does everyone else. Are you unique? You need to be.
- Taste The look and feel of your visual identity should generate emotions appropriate for your brand. For instance, if you are selling luxury hand cream, you would not want your brochure printed on cheap, scratchy paper. You’d want something with a smooth finish to match the smooth feeling a customer would have by using your brand.
- Emotion Design evokes emotion. Even bad design evokes emotion. Good designers know how to employ type, layout, color, and imagery to create the emotion you want customers to feel when they encounter your brand.
Investing in good design is just that: an investment. It pays dividends. Invest in great design to build a brand that will be here for the long term.
This month’s winner: Amy Jackson!
Our VisoVerbo champ wins a digital print featuring this one-of-a-kind design. Have a favorite quote or saying? Send it in! If your quote is chosen, you’ll receive a digital print of your custom design suitable for framing! Check out your competition here.
Farewell to Facebook
We have been struggling with Facebook for some time, trying to get our posts included in your newsfeed. Currently Facebook only delivers about 1/20 of our posts to our subscribers. This is to force businesses to purchase advertising on the site. We have decided to leave our Facebook page up but not to update it until Facebook changes its policies. In the meantime, here are some items you can still check out on our page:
- An artist spends 10 years carving a cave
- Absolutely creative shopping bag designs
- Famous logo redesigns of 2014 and what they teach us
- Totally weird book cover art for kids
- Great book cover designs of 2014
- Ghostly animated gifs
- Brilliant packaging design