In the News
What is your brand?
While the concept of branding has been around for a long time, we still hear from clients who would like a primer. Here’s the short version:
- Your brand is how other people feel about your company. It’s a gut-level, emotional connection or aversion that your customers and prospects have. You do not control that emotion. You can only influence it.
- Branding is put into action through every possible thing your company says or does. Beyond a mission or values statement, it includes how your employees feel about your company, what your logo looks like, what paper your business cards are printed on, the tone of your social media campaigns, how easy it is to use your website, and—if you have a storefront—even how your space smells.
- Great brand=great business. The benefits of having a great brand (great emotional connection with your customers) are legion: Strong brands claim greater market share and higher price premiums, lower customer churn, attract and retain better employees and customers, block out competition, and can co-brand or expand into new business areas more easily. They are less likely to fall victim to commoditization. They lead, they innovate, they create niches rather than try to compete for what others have already carved out.
We can help you examine your current brand (you have one whether you’re conscious of it or not) and recommend how to improve it. Contact us to learn more! In the meantime, here’s a slightly more in-depth look at Branding 101.
What you’ve missed on Facebook
Here are some of our recent Facebook posts. “Like” us to get in on the goodness.
- Right brain vs left brain
- The bike that looks like art
- Transparent business cards
- Epic fail: The world’s worst website? Learn to avoid catastrophe.
This month’s winner: Drake Spaeth!
Our VisoVerbo champ wins a digital print featuring this one-of-a-kind design. Have a favorite quote or saying? Send it in! If your quote is chosen, you’ll receive a digital print of your custom design suitable for framing! Check out your competition here.
7 simple ways to strengthen customer relationships
Strong brands have strong relationships with their customers. Here are seven ways you can build those relationships.
- Send greeting cards. The obvious time to do this is over the winter holidays but mix it up at other times of the year. Put a human face on your company.
- Keep lines of communication with customers open. Research shows that open communication increases customer loyalty. Be easy to get hold of, and make sure your positive brand is reflected in all customer relations.
- Know the stages of customer loyalty. When you know the stages, you can create the tools to help people increase their loyalty to your company: Suspect | Prospect | First-time customer | Repeat customer | Client | Advocate
- Provide customer support. Don’t just rely on a FAQ on your website. Give customers access to real humans via phone, email, chat, and social media.
- Ask for customers’ opinions. Gain insight via surveys, online discussion questions, personal phone calls, and in-person meetings. Customers appreciate it when their voices are heard.
- Don’t overlook current customers in your marketing. Remember the 80/20 rule: 80% of your business comes from 20% of your customers. Don’t be so focused on new business that you neglect the good folks who already like you.
- Adapt your business plan/model. The world is a-changing—update your business plan yearly and refer to it monthly in your meetings so you know you’re on track!
Create great relationships with your clients and they will be willing to share the love!