In the News
Happy New Year!
We are back from our winter break, ready to keep you abreast of the latest trends in design and marketing to help your business. We wish you a happy and prosperous New Year!
Cairril to present mobile web workshop on Feb 19
Cairril will present a special “Lunch & Learn: Mobile Web” session at the Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday, February 19th from 11:30am to 1pm. The event is free and open only to Chamber members. Lunch is provided by Pizza X.
What you’ll learn:
- Overview of mobile web and how it shapes your customers’ experience
- Why you need mobile now
- Apps vs sites vs responsive web design
- Smart design of mobile sites
- How to plan your mobile site
We will have plenty of examples and time to discuss your site needs. Bring your smartphone! Register here.
4 Reasons Visitors Ditch Your Landing Page as Soon as They Get There
Visitors arrive at your landing page by clicking online ads and links in emails and social media messages you’ve created. But sometimes you lose them immediately—why?
- It looks nothing like the ad. This is not just confusing to the visitor, it’s incredibly irritating as well. People like to zip through the Web at the speed of light, and if you don’t give them a seamless experience, they’re gone.
- Your call to action is unclear. You’ve only got people’s attention for a second. Keep your message focused on a single theme and tell them what to do next.
- You use high-falutin’ language. Just say what needs to be said, in normal English, as concisely as possible.
- You’re rushing the goodnight kiss. Bad landing pages are like bad first dates. They shout at the visitor with excessive demands and unclear goals. Keep it simple. Be welcoming. Let the visitor take it at their own pace.
Don’t waste your investment in online advertising and marketing by failing the landing page test. Mind these warnings and work smart!
What you’ve missed on Facebook
Here are some of our recent Facebook posts. “Like” us to get in on the goodness.
- “This house is a pit”
- An airport art installation that changes based on airplane behavior
- Cardboard bicycle for $15
- 50 gorgeous logo designs
- 10 best taglines of all time
- MLK quote
This month’s winner: Rebecca Curry!
Our VisoVerbo champ wins a digital print featuring this one-of-a-kind design. Have a favorite quote or saying? Send it in! If your quote is chosen, you’ll receive a digital print of your custom design suitable for framing! Check out your competition here.
CS Property Management
CS Property Management is a Bloomington-based company that specializes in reasonably priced apartments for residents who a enjoy a quiet, convenient, well-maintained apartment home.
We redesigned their logo in 2010, and then built off that for a website redesign last year. We extended the new brand look into business cards and an advertisement placed in Bloom magazine. The ad copy “Convenience, Comfort, Affordability” positions CSPM as a mid-market provider of quality apartments. Our goal has been to professionalize the CSPM identity to reflect their brand, and to create brand cohesion across all marketing materials.