Cairril.com designated green business
The Greater Bloomington Chamber of Commerce recently recognized Cairril.com as a green business. We are one of only eight businesses in the region to receive the designation to-date.
We were recognized for "consciously and consistently incorporating sustainable business practices into their daily operations and committing to reduce their impact on the environment."
“We're delighted to be recognized for the steps we’ve taken above and beyond the ‘buy recycled’ phase of sustainable business practices,” says Cairril Mills, principal of Cairril.com. “I think it’s especially important to show how a micro-enterprise can make a difference.”
Among other things, we were recognized for our Earth-friendly policies such as re-using materials before recycling them, heavy reliance on electronic rather than paper communications, use of Energy Star appliances, situating our office to maximize exposure to natural light, and educating clients on environmental issues when working on print projects.
We're honored to receive the designation and will continue to innovate for the sake of future generations.
Great brands begin with employees
A recent blog by Michael Deiner laid out five key ways to build your brand from the inside out:
- Engagement: Give employees a sense of ownership by engaging them at all levels during the brand bulding process.
- Education: Educate employees about brand value, starting with their first orientation session.
- Recruitment: Hire employees based on how well they fit into the company’s culture. Evaluate and reward employees based on their delivery of the brand.
- Leadership: Provide great role models. Good employees mirror brand leadership.
- Communication: Make sure employees have what they need to infuse the brand into their everyday job functions.
Great brands build great relationships with customers. Those relationships are built by employees who put the brand into action.
Read the full post