Bloomington, Ind.—The Indiana Economic Development Corporation’s newest web site for entrepreneurs was branded and developed by Bloomington-based Cairril.com Design & Marketing.
IndianaBizCafe.com matches Indiana entrepreneurs, small business owners, investors, and industry experts with unique business opportunities and each other.
Site members can automatically match their business interests by searching the site database using keywords. They can follow up by contacting other site members or by following directions included in government procurement guidelines or grant matches.
The site is aimed primarily at life science and high-tech firms, but any business professional may join. The service is free.
Cairril.com developed the Indiana BizCafé brand, name, and web site. The firm also acted as project lead.
The project was pitched to the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) by Bloomington-based Canopy Group, an information technology development venture. Canopy Group in turn hired Cairril.com. Firm principal Cairril Mills worked with Canopy to put together a five-state team of designers, illustrators, production artists, copywriters, programmers, and usability experts to create the site.
The site is tailored for entrepreneurs, investors, mentors, and other business people who need easy access to grants, government procurement, capital, investment opportunities, business expertise, and more. It is fully compliant with federal accessibility guidelines. It received high marks in a battery of usability tests.
- More government grant and procurement opportunities than any other site: 99% of all available feeds
- Automatic notices of new matches and messages: no more having to go back to sites to repeat the same search
- Continually updated database of opportunities: new members come online, existing members update their profiles, and government feeds refresh
- Unique site: this combination of information and method of delivery isn’t available anywhere else
- Easy to use: modeled on entrepreneurial sites that use casual language, interactive features, and have very high usability
- Allows members to maintain their anonymity as long as they like
- Investors can review opportunities while maintaining their privacy
Governor Mitch Daniels launched the site during Entrepreneurship Week in October. The Indiana BizCafé already includes hundreds of members.
Cairril.com Design & Marketing is a brand development firm specializing in high-impact print design and web development. It has won numerous awards for design excellence and strategic thinking. Its principal is Cairril Mills.
Canopy Group is a Bloomington-based information technology development venture. It is led by local entrepreneurs Brian Kleber and Craig Hickman.
The Indiana Economic Development Corporation oversees Indiana’s statewide business attraction and development efforts, coordinates state programs and incentives for companies looking to grow in Indiana, and provides technical assistance, business expertise and funding to Indiana entrepreneurs and high-tech start-ups. The IEDC is led by Indiana Secretary of Commerce and Chief Executive Officer Nathan J. Feltman and governed by a 12-member board chaired by Governor Mitch Daniels.