In the News
Brand development primer
Whether you’re starting from scratch or re-branding, here are some tips to help you:
- Define your brand proposition What unique experience do you provide to your target market? Get clarity on this first!
- Know your audience Visualize your best customer, including their life stage, priorities, purchasing habits and media consumption.
- Know your competitors What is your key competitor’s brand proposition? What about secondary competitors?
- Create a brief Distill all your research and requirements into a plan of action to guide the creative process.
- Go through the creative process Your design team should develop a visual identity that captures your brand proposition and communicates it effectively to your target market.
- Empower your peeps! Too many businesses approach branding as a cosmetic makeover. Instead, get employee buy-in to create enthusiasm around your new brand position.
Enter by Friday, 09 Sept to win 2 tix to Lotus!
In honor of our upcoming TENTH anniversary celebration (can you believe it?), we’re holding our annual giveaway: one pair of Lotus World Music Festival tickets to a lucky client! The tickets are for the showcase concert on either Friday, 23 Sept, or Saturday, 24 Sept (the winner decides).
This contest is open to any current client, but we need to know you’re interested! Contact us and we’ll enter you in the drawing to be held on Friday, 09 Sept. This is our way of saying “thank you” for helping to make our business a success!
What you’ve missed on Facebook
Here are some of our recent Facebook posts. “Like” us to get in on the goodness.
- The evolution of Apple ads
- Star Wars propaganda posters!
- The Great Toilet Paper Debate
This month’s winner: Shari Woodbury!
Our VisoVerbo champ wins a digital print featuring this one-of-a-kind design. Have a favorite quote or saying? Send it in! If your quote is chosen, you’ll receive a digital print of your custom design suitable for framing! Check out your competition here.
Designscape is a Nashville, Indiana-based full-service landscape-contracting company that offers a complete turnkey landscape management program. It focuses on creating sustainable, attractive landscapes for residential and commercial customers.
Designscape came to us to design their advertisement celebrating 25 years of business. Working closely with Dan Gluesenkamp and Libby Mangum, we culled a handful of photos from their treasure trove of beautiful landscapes. We paired the central photo with text supplied by the client in a casual, friendly typeface. The warm color palette relates to Designscape’s brand colors and creates a welcoming feel.
The ad ran in the August/September issue of Bloom magazine and was also used as a special postcard to the Designscape mailing list. Check out the print version in Bloom! And congratulations to Designscape for 25 years of fabulous service to south-central Indiana!
Ad designed by Cairril.com: