In the News
Six reasons to embrace print
With the low cost and ubiquity of social media, some companies are cutting back on print marketing. Don’t.
- Break through the clutter. People receive 10-15 emails from brands per day. In contrast, they receive 10-15 direct mail pieces per week.Print makes it easier to get your message across.
- Use storytelling to make an emotional connection. Whether you’re using a single image or a catalogue full of copy, print combines the visual, the verbal, and the tactile to create compelling stories.
- Give customers the opportunity to browse. People are much more likely to stumble upon a product in print than they are when searching a website.
- Integrate with other channels. Print is one piece of an integrated marketing strategy. Use it to drive traffic to online sources and make sure your online presence coordinates with it.
- Gain back lapsed customers. Using targeted mailings and great creative, you can break through information overload and bring back old customers.
- Get measurable ROI. When used with the right tactics, print allows you to track performance.
Connect with customers via print and you create a more sustainable brand.
Four ways to handle negative feedback
In the social sphere, everyone has a megaphone. Whether you provide a forum for customers to leave public feedback (like a Facebook page) or whether you’re in the hands of review sites like Yelp, people are going to share experiences of your business. And sometimes they’ll go negative. What to do?
- Respond—fast. The longer the negativity hangs out there, the more credibility it gains.
- Apologize, even if the customer is incorrect. A simple “I’m sorry you’re unhappy” can go a long way.
- Continue tricky conversations in private. Make your initial reaction public but don’t allow the customer to control the dialogue by keeping it there.
- Thank customers for their feedback. Treat any comments as potential constructive criticism. Seriously consider whether changes need to be made.
When others go negative, keep it positive and respectful.
This month’s winner: Bridget O’Keefe!
Our VisoVerbo champ wins a digital print featuring this one-of-a-kind design. Have a favorite quote or saying? Send it in! If your quote is chosen, you’ll receive a digital print of your custom design suitable for framing! Check out your competition here.
What you’ve missed on Facebook
Here are some of our recent Facebook posts. “Like” us to get in on the goodness.
- Touch printed paper to hear music
- Augmented reality glasses from Google
- Cairril at Business Expo
- Determine your Fascination Quotient